The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Comprehensive care for HIV/AIDS: community-based strategies. By Teresa Scheid. New York; London: Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group, 2015.
Call number: RA643.8 .S335 2015.
See the table of contents and read the preface.
2. Mastering leadership: a vital resource for health care organizations. By Alan T. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2016.
Call number: RA971.35 .B45 2016.
Read a preview, see the table of contents, and read reviews here.
3. Introduction to research: understanding and applying multiple strategies. By Elizabeth DePoy and Laura N. Gitlin. St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier, 2016.
Call number: RA440.85 .D47 2016.
You can read a preview of the book here.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Exploring Opportunities for Collaboration Between Health and Education to Improve Population Health: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Vital Signs: Core Metrics for Health and Health Care Progress. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Mental Disorders and Disabilities Among Low-Income Children. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s). If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.