Thursday, June 25, 2015, 1:00-2:30pm
Training Room C, Rm. 72.148
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Tuesday, June 23rd to Michael Sholinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Were you aware:
* You can have journal articles, technical reports, standards, book chapters, and more, from nearly any source, delivered to you electronically?
* You can have books from the University of California, Berkeley Library delivered to your office?
* CDPH staff has subscription access to dozens of electronic journals and books from your desktop and from off-campus?
* There is a special CDPH PubMed URL to access full journal articles?
* You can export citations of full journal articles directly from Ovid to EndNote?
* Librarians at the Public Health Library, who have access to hundreds of databases, indexes, and other resources, will research nearly any work-related topic for you, and post relevant citations to your own web portal?
* The library has a secure web portal where you can request library services, track your document delivery requests, view your literature search results, and more?
If you’ve answered “No” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Public Health Library Services Orientation and Accessing Full Text Material class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Summary of Services to CDPH Staff
2. How to Access Public Health Library Services
3. Requesting Articles, Books, etc.
4. An Introduction to Full Text Electronic Journals and Books
5. How to access articles online using a customized version of PubMed, which links to the CDPH-licensed full-text journals
6. Features of the OvidSP web site, including cited reference searching and exporting Ovid records into bibliographic management software (e.g., EndNote)
7. Public Health Library web pages for CDPH
A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available here.