Publish gold open access articles in RSC journals at no charge
The UC Berkeley Library is partnering with the Royal Society of Chemistry to support free Gold Open Access publishing under the RSC’s Gold for Gold initiative.
This program offers voucher codes that enable Berkeley researchers to publish their paper in Royal Society of Chemistry journals free of charge, as a Gold Open Access (OA) article, without paying the normal article publication fee (between £1000 and £2500).
Benefits of Gold OA publishing
Gold Open Access publishing makes electronic versions of papers accessible to readers for free – without any subscriptions or fees.
Removing paywall barriers may increase the visibility of research findings since works are easier to disseminate, easier to find, and easier to read. Further details about RSC journals and Open Access are available here.
You are eligible if
- You are affiliated with UC Berkeley or LBNL (e.g., student, staff, faculty) and
- Your article is new and has been accepted for publication by RSC (i.e., vouchers cannot be used for articles that have already been published) and
- You have not previously received a Gold for Gold voucher from the UC Berkeley Library in 2014
Get your voucher code
After your article has been accepted for publication by an RSC journal, please complete the form at http://goo.gl/GAUwr to request your Gold for Gold voucher code.
Due to limited numbers, the Library will distribute the voucher codes on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Voucher codes are provided only after your article has been accepted for publication
- Voucher codes must be used before December 31, 2014
Please contact Jeffery Loo, Chemistry Librarian, at jloo [at] berkeley.edu