The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Evaluation fundamentals: insights into program effectiveness, quality, and value. By Arlene Fink. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2015.
Call number: RA399.A1 F563 2015.
See sample materials, reviews, and table of contents from the publisher.
2. Health care disparities and the LGBT population. Edited by Vickie Harvey and Teresa Heinz Housel. Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books, 2014.
Call number: RA564.9.H65 H42 2014.
Find a description, detailed table of contents and reviews here.
3. Nutrition through the life cycle. By Judith Brown, Janet Isaacs, and Bea Krinke et al. Stamford, CT : CENGAGE Learning, 2014.
Call number: RA418.5.F3 G76 2014.
View an overview and table of contents here.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Investing in the Health and Well-Being of Young Adults. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
5. Research Priorities to Inform Public Health and Medical Practice for Ebola Virus Disease: Workshop in Brief. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
6. Capturing Social and Behavioral Domains and Measures in Electronic Health Records: Phase 2. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.