The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Global case studies in maternal and child health. By Ruth C White. Burlington, Mass.: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Call number: RG940 .W45 2014. See a description, sample materials, and table of contents.
2. Bad acts: the racketeering case against the tobacco industry. By Sharon Eubanks and Stanton Glantz. Washington, D.C.: American Public Health Association, 2013. Call number: KF229.U55 E93 2013. Read the summary and table of contents.
3. Delivering personal health budgets: a guide to policy and practice. By Vidhya Alakeson. Bristol, UK: Policy Press, 2014.
Call number: RA971.3 .A45 2014. View the summary and table of contents.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Applying a Health Lens to Decision Making in Non-Health Sectors: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
5. Can Earth’s and Society’s Systems Meet the Needs of 10 Billion People?: Summary of a Workshop. National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
6. Hearing Loss and Healthy Aging: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.