The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. An introduction to global health ethics. By Andrew Pinto and Ross Upshur. Abingdon, Oxon; New York: Routledge, 2013.
Call number: RA441 .I58 2013.
2. Privacy, confidentiality, and health research. By William W Lowrance. Cambridge, UK; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2012.
Call number: R864 .L69 2012.
3. Lecture notes. Epidemiology, evidence-based medicine, and public health. By Yoav Ben-Shlomo, Sara Brookes, Matthew Hickman, et al. Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
Call number: RA651 .F375 2013.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press (free registration required to download pdf):
4. Microbial Ecology in States of Health and Disease: Workshop Summary (2014). By Eileen Choffnes, LeighAnne Olsen, and Alison Mack, Rapporteurs; Forum on Microbial Health; Board on Global Health; Institute of Medicine.
5. Sustainable Diets: Food for Healthy People and a Healthy Planet: Workshop Summary (2014). By Leslie Pray, Rapporteur; Food Forum; Food and Nutrition Board; Roundtable on Environmental Health Sciences, Research, and Medicine; Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice; Institute of Medicine.
6. Including Health in Global Frameworks for Development, Wealth, and Climate Change: Workshop Summary (2014). By Suzanne Landi, Rapporteur; Roundtable on Environmental Health Sciences, Research, and Medicine; Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice; Institute of Medicine.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.