EndNote X7 Advanced Hands-On class
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
10:30am – 12pm
Enterprise Computer Training Room 72.169
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
(Turn left as you enter the building and proceed through the double doors
to the Enterprise Training Room)
RSVP by Monday, December 16th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Learn how to save time and work more efficiently by:
– Creating smart groups in your library.
– Modifying output styles to fulfill your needs.
– Sharing your references or PDF files to collaborate with others.
– Utilizing EndNote Online to your advantage.
It is recommended that you have already attended the EndNote X7 Basics Hands-On class, or are familiar with the basics of using EndNote. Basic EndNote material will not be covered in this session.
Please note: This class is limited to 12 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for a possible additional class. A few seats may be available on the day of the class so if you don’t register in advance, you can just show up to see if there is availability.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Do you know how to use smart groups to automatically group references together?
* Do you want to learn how to create or modify existing output styles?
* Did you know you can annotate and e-mail PDF files in your library?
* Are you interested seeing how the EndNote Online Sync works and how to share EndNote Online references and groups?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X7 Advanced Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Creating Smart Groups
2. Creating/Modifying Output Styles
3. Annotating and E-mailing PDF files In EndNote
4. Other Advanced Features
5. Using EndNote Online
6. How to get help
This class is intended for CDPH staff who are already using the EndNote software program, and who wish to learn more advanced features (see class description above). Users of any version of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X7 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, you or your CDPH unit must purchase or already own it.
These hands-on training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.
New! Attendees will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the class, if they register before the class start.
Hope to see you there!