The International Society for Disease Surveillance offers free webinars on many topics. The webinars are recorded and may be viewed at any time.
Sample archived webinars from the ISDS Research Committee include:
– Spatial Scanning Tips and Tricks for Practical Outbreak Detection
– Environmental Data Measurement and its Application to Public Health
– Data Visualization for Health Surveillance: Current Concepts and New Horizons
Sample archived webinars from the ISDS Public Health Practice Committee include:
– Syndromic Surveillance for Meaningful Use: Inpatient and Ambulatory Clinical Care Data
– Integration of Reported and Syndromic Disease System Information
– Disaster Epidemiology and Surveillance
One of their new webinars now available is “Public Health Surveillance in the Internet Cloud: The BioSense 2.0 Experience.” This webinar will introduce some basic principles of cloud computing and present details about the government cloud services of the BioSense 2.0 environment, which include both a platform that State and Local Health Departments can elect to use (Platform as a Service or PaaS), as well as tested software and services (Software as a Service or SaaS) capabilities. BioSense is a program of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that tracks health problems as they evolve and provides public health officials with the data, information and tools they need to better prepare for and coordinate responses to safeguard and improve the health of the American people.