Do you know:
* You can limit any search in Google to a particular domain (such as .gov or .org) or even a particular web site?
* What exactly is and is not included in Google search products?
* You can import citations directly from Google Scholar into EndNote or Reference Manager?
* You can search for citing citations in Google Scholar?
* You can limit Google Scholar searches by year, subject area, and more?
* Google Books allows you to read or preview books online?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Google, Google Scholar, Google Books and WorldCat class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Google search products: what’s in them?
2. Search tips
3. Setting Preferences, using Advanced Search
4. Cited reference searching
5. Shortcomings of using Google for research
6. Other sources of free, online books
Class: Google, Google Scholar, Google Books and WorldCat
When: Wednesday, November 10, 10-11 am
Where: CDPH Richmond Campus, Building C, Room 136
This class is intended for CDPH staff whose work requires effective Internet searching to find web sites, articles, and books on work-related topics.
RSVP by Monday, November 8th to Judy Bolstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
These one-hour training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.