Update: Doe and other libraries on campus are expected to operate normally on Friday.
Protest activities on Thursday, October 7 affected several areas and services in Doe Library, primarily on the second floor.
Here is a description of the situation as of 4pm that day.
The Doe Library building was expected to remain open until its usual closing hour of 9pm.
The following were open:
- North Reading Room (partially open, with protestors were occupying some space there).
- Reference Hall.
- East (Heyns) Reading Room.
- Bancroft Library.
- Morrison Library.
The following were closed:
- Reference Desk.
- Research Advisory Service.
- Graduate Services room.
- Main Circulation Desk.
- Privileges Desk.
- Entrance from Doe to Main Stacks (entrance to the stacks is still possible through the Moffitt Library, and books can be checked out there).
- Newspapers/Microforms Room.
- Art History/Classics Library.
- South/Southeast Asia Library.
For current information, please call the library unit you would like to reach. Phone numbers are given in the “Map/Info” links on this page.