Searching databases on the go? Here’s how to set up and use the library proxy server with Safari on the iPhone 3G. Note: You must be using WiFi to connect to the Library Proxy Server and you must repeat these steps for each WiFi network to which you connect.
- Go to Settings
- Select WiFi
- Select the WiFi Network to which you are connected
- In the WiFi Networks window, tap on the arrow to the right of your WiFi network name
- Your IP Address selection should be DHCP
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to HTTP Proxy
- Select "Auto"
- In the URL box, type: http://proxy.lib.berkeley.edu:7777/proxy.pac. Be sure to include "http://" and do not insert any empty spaces before or after the URL
- Open Safari. When you come to a UC- or UCB-licensed resource, you will be asked to CalNet authenticate
- When you are done, return to Settings and turn the HTTP Proxy to "Off"
Does this work? Not work? E-mail your comments or suggestions to Debbie Jan at email@example.com.