In late May, the UC Berkeley Library will be launching a new catalog named OskiCat
OskiCat will replace the Pathfinder and GLADIS catalogs and will feature enhanced search and circulation functionality that faculty, students, and staff have requested.
The transition to OskiCat requires a complex process of migrating and merging databases. While this is taking place, between March 1 and April 20:
- We will be unable to add newly received items or update records in GLADIS and Pathfinder.
- We will be unable to order new materials. Please feel free to continue recommending items for purchase during this time.
- GLADIS and Pathfinder will still be searchable and will still display the current status of items (checked out, etc.).
- Unbound journals and other serials will still be available as usual.
- Melvyl and Next-Generation Melvyl will not show new materials for the Berkeley campus, but resources from other campuses will be unaffected.
If you need more information about the new catalog implementation and how it effects you, please contact your public health librarian.