Looking for good overviews of engineering and computer science topics? The library is licensing ebook collections from two publishers experimenting with an innovative model: lecture-sized ebooks (50-150 pages) on important research topics, authored by experts in the field. UC Berkeley researchers have been involved with both ventures as editors and authors.
These state-of-the-art reviews provide excellent introductions to advanced engineering and computer science topics, especially as course readings.
Synthesis Digital Library (Morgan & Claypool)
Synthesis Lectures on…
Foundations and Trends (now Publishers)
Foundations and Trends in…
- Communications and Information Theory
- Computer Graphics and Vision
- Databases (Joseph Hellerstein, Editor-in-Chief)
- Electronic Design Automation
- Machine Learning (Michael Jordan, Editor-in-Chief)
- Signal Processing
- Stochastic Systems
- Technology, Information and Operations Management
- Theoretical Computer Science