Let us catch you up on changes in the libraries over this past summer:
Bancroft Library is still closed, but is now in the process of moving back to its renovated home in the Doe Library Annex. Reopening is scheduled for this fall.
Several areas of Doe Library are being renovated as part of the same project. We’re happy to announce that restrooms are now open on the first floor at the south entrance.
The Next Generation Melvyl Pilot, a potential replacement for the Melvyl Catalog, is now in a test phase on all UC campuses that will continue through the fall semester. We invite you to try it and send your comments via the user survey.
» Try it now
» Learn more
We’re testing a potential new printing system using the Cal 1 Card on specially marked computers in the Moffitt Library. Try it out and give us your comments.
By special arrangement with the BBC, the library has digitized 13 plays of Shakespeare and is making them available online via streaming video.
The library added several new electronic resources this summer. For details on any of these, search its title here:
- Directory of History Journals
- GreenFILE (article database on environmental issues)
- Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts
- Registry of World Dams
- Royal Historical Society Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD)
- Global Road Warrior (comprehensive country data)
- Historical Dictionary of the Hebrew Language (Ma’agarim)
- Indiastat (statistics on India)
- Lugt’s Repertoire Online (art sales catalogues)
The annual Summer Reading List, compiled by the Library and the Office of Educational Development, focused this year on “Bio-Graphy: Writing a Life.”
» View the list
Surveys taken in 1987, 1997, and 2007 show what Cal students were reading for pleasure at the time.
To get library news as soon as it’s posted, subscribe to our RSS feed. Use the buttons at bottom of right column.