The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Landesman’s public health management of disasters: the practice guide. By Linda Young Landesman and Rita V. Burke. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association, 2017.
Call number: RA645.9 .L36 2017
See the table of contents at the publisher’s website.
2. Public health preparedness: case studies in policy and management. Edited by Arnold Howitt, Herman Leonard and David Giles. Washington, DC: American
Public Health Association, 2017.
Call number: RA645.9 .P83 2017
Read a Q & A with the editors at Public Health Newswire.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press of the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
3. Examining Challenges and Possible Strategies to Strengthen U.S. Health Security, 2018.
4. Environmental Chemicals, the Human Microbiome, and Health Risk, 2018.
5. Integrating Social and Behavioral Sciences Within the Weather Enterprise, 2018.
6. Strategies to Limit Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption in Young Children, 2017.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.