The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. An American sickness: how healthcare became big business and how you can take it back. By Elisabeth Rosenthal. New York: Penguin Press, 2017.
Call number: RA395.A3 R655 2017
See the table of contents, preview the first pages, and reaad reviews at amazon.com.
2. Public health nutrition, 2nd ed. Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by Judith Buttriss, Ailsa Welch, John Kearney, and Susan Lanham-New. Chichester, W. Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2018.
Call number: RA645.N87 P83 2018
See the table of contents and preview the first pages at amazon.com.
3. Principles of public health practice, 4th ed. Edited by Paul Erwin and Ross Brownson. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning, 2017.
Call number: RA445 .P67 2016
View the table of contents or read a preview at amazon.com.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press of the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
4. Exploring a Business Case for High-Value Continuing Professional Development: Proceedings of a Workshop. 2017.
5. Facilitating Health Communication with Immigrant, Refugee, and Migrant Populations Through the Use of Health Literacy and Community Engagement Strategies: Proceedings of a Workshop. 2017.
6. Using Technology to Advance Global Health: Proceedings of a Workshop. 2017.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.