The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Aging, society, and the life course, 5th ed. By Leslie A. Morgan and Suzanne R. Kunkel. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, LLC, 2016.
Call number: HQ1064.U5 M6818 2015.
See the table of contents and a blog post at the publisher’s website.
2. Delivering health care in America: a systems approach, 6th ed. By Leiyu Shi and Douglas A. Singh. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: RA395.A3 S485 2015.
Read a title overview, see the table of contents, and browse sample chapters here.
3. Mexican Americans and health ¡sana! ¡sana! By Adela de la Torre and Antonio Estrada. Tucson: The University of Arizona Press, 2015.
Call number: RA448.5.M4 T67 2015.
View a description and a short excerpt at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Policy and Research Needs to Maximize Independence and Support Community Living: Workshop Summary. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
5. A Framework for Educating Health Professionals to Address the Social Determinants of Health. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
6. Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Fatigue, Long-Term Health, and Highway Safety: Research Needs. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.