The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Stress & health: biological and psychological interactions. By William R. Lovallo. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2016.
Call number: QP82.2.S8 L68 2016.
See the table of contents, reviews, and read a preview at the publisher’s website.
2. Women’s health and wellness across the lifespan. Edited by Ellen F. Olshansky. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Heath, 2015.
Call number: RA778 .W75423 2015.
Read the table of contents and preview the book on amazon.com.
3. HBR’s 10 must reads on teams. By Harvard Business Review Press. Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business Review Press, 2013.
Call number: HD66 .H394 2013.
Preview this book on amazon.com.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Approaches to Universal Health Coverage and Occupational Health and Safety for the Informal Workforce in Developing Countries: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Examining a Developmental Approach to Childhood Obesity: The Fetal and Early Childhood Years: Workshop in Brief. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Envisioning the Future of Health Professional Education. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.