The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Basic biostatistics: statistics for public health practice. By B. Burt Gerstman. Burlington, Massachusetts: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: RA409 .G47 2015.
Read a preview, see the table of contents, and read reviews on the publisher’s website.
2. Essentials of public health ethics. By Ruth Gaare Bernheim. Burlington, Massachusetts: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: R724 .B4356 2015.
View the table of contents, see a preview, and read reviews on the publisher’s website.
3. Health communication : a media and cultural studies approach. By Belinda Lewis and Jeff Lewis. Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire; New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
Call number: R118 .L49 2015.
View a summary, table of contents and a sample chapter at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Enabling Rapid and Sustainable Public Health Research During Disasters: Summary of a Joint Workshop by the Institute of Medicine and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Spread, Scale, and Sustainability in Population Health: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Cognitive Aging: Progress in Understanding and Opportunities for Action. National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.