If you use the web portal to access library services, this change will apply to you! In the next couple of months, the Public Health Library will be changing web portal passwords to comply with the UC Berkeley campus password guidelines.
Web portal passwords need to:
1) Contain eight characters or more
2) Contain both types of characters below:
— Alphabetic (e.g., a-z, A-Z)
— Numeric (i.e. 0-9)
Web portal passwords SHOULD NOT be:
* A derivative of the username
* A word found in a dictionary (English or foreign)
* A dictionary word spelled backwards
* A dictionary word (forward or backwards) preceded and/or followed by any other single character (e.g., secret4, 4secret)
If you would like to choose your own new password, please log into the web portal and click on “Change Password” underneath the “Log Out” button in the personal information section. Please choose a new password by Friday, January 24; otherwise, a new password will be selected for you.
Please contact Debbie Jan (Debbie.Jan@cdph.ca.gov or 510-642-2510) if you have any questions.