The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Positive communication in health and wellness. By Margaret J Pitts and Thomas J Socha. New York: PETER LANG, 2013.
Call number: R118 .P67 2013.
2. Meeting micronutrient requirements for health and development. By Zulfiqar Ahmed Bhutta, Richard Hurrell, and Irwin H Rosenberg. Basel, Switzerland: Karger; Vevey, Switzerland: Nestle Nutrition Institute, 2012.
Call number: RJ206 .N388 2011.
3. Public health and plain packaging of cigarettes: legal issues. By Tania Voon, Andrew D Mitchell, Jonathan Liberman, and Glyn Ayres. Cheltenham, UK, Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2012.
Call number: KU1019.T62 P83 2012.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press:
4. Organizational Change to Improve Health Literacy: Workshop Summary. By Melissa French and Lyla M. Hernandez, Rapporteurs. 2013. (free registration may be required)
5. The Evidence for Violence Prevention Across the Lifespan and Around the World. By Leigh Carroll, Megan M. Perez, and Rachel M. Taylor, Rapporteurs. 2013. (free registration may be required)
6. Improving the Health, Safety, and Well-Being of Young Adults. By Clare Stroud, Tara Mainero, and Steve Olson, Rapporteurs. 2013. (free registration may be required)
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.