The Public Health Library has the following new books available:
1. Health promotion and prevention programmes in practice: how patients’ health practices are rationalized, reconceptualised and reorganised. By Yvonne J.F.M. Jansen and Thomas Mathar. Piscataway, NJ: Distributed in North America by Transaction Publishers, 2010. Call number: RA427.8.H4358 2010.
2. A reader in promoting public health: challenge and controversy. By Jenny Douglas, et al. U.K.: Open University, 2010. Call number: RA427.8.R43 2010.
3. The paradigm shift in health: towards a quantum understanding of the role of consciousness in health promotion and education. By R.S. Laura, et al. Lanham: University Press of America, 2009. Call number: RA427.8.L38 2009.
4. Evaluating clinical and public health interventions: a practical guide to study design and statistics. By Mitchell H. Katz. Cambridge, New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010. Call number: RA399.A1 K385 2010.
5. Secondhand smoke exposure and cardiovascular effects: making sense of the evidence Institute of Medicine (U.S.). By the Committee on Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Acute Coronary Events. Washington,D.C.: National Academies Press, 2010. Call number: RA645.H4 S43 2010.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request the book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.