The SciFinder Scholar Web Edition has arrived! Start searching Chemical Abstracts databases that contain literature from biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more. SciFinder also contains:
- More than 15 million single- and multi-step reactions
- More than 1 billion predicted property values
- More than 2 million experimental properties
- The CAS REGISTRY database – the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers – updated daily
- All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents’ issuance
- Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature
To use the web version, you must register to establish your own userid and password, but you don’t need to download any client software. For off-campus access, you can use the library proxy server or the campus VPN. The client version will also continue to be supported. One plus with the web version is that you can set up current awareness searches, which SciFinder calls “Keep Me Posted.” Instructions for UCB registration are here. After you register and have your userid and password, you can go directly to the web version.