The Institute of Governmental Studies Library has compiled a resource guide on the California Statewide Propositions appearing on the upcoming February 5, 2008 Presidential Primary Election ballot.
All seven ballot measures are covered, with:
- Narrative overviews with historical background and legal aspects.
- Arguments for and against.
- Links to official voter information from the California Secretary of State.
- Links to key websites, polls, editorials, and newspaper articles.
- A table of endorsements by organizations and newspapers.
This guide is intended as a resource for voters, journalists, students, and scholars. It will be continually updated as the election approaches.
For those not already registered and who want to vote in this election, registration forms must be postmarked no later than January 22. For details and forms, see the California Secretary of State website.