The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Superior productivity in healthcare organizations: how to get it, how to keep it, 2nd ed. By Paul Fogel. Baltimore: HPP, Health Professions Press, 2016.
Call number: RA971.35 .F64 2016
You’ll find the table of contents, an excerpt, and reviews at amazon.com.
2. Population health science. By Katherine M. Keyes and Sandro Galea. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2016.
Call number: RA407 .K49 2016
You can read more about this book at the publisher’s website.
3. Global climate change and human health: from science to practice. Edited by George Luber and Jay Lemery. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, a Wiley brand;
Washington, DC: APHA Press, an imprint of American Public Health Association, 2015.
Call number: RA793 .G58 2015
You’ll be able to View a description, the table of contents and to read an excerpt at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press:
4. Community Violence as a Population Health Issue: Proceedings of a Workshop. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: 2017.
5. Building Communication Capacity to Counter Infectious Disease Threats: Proceedings of a Workshop.The National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: 2017.
6. Exploring Equity in Multisector Community Health Partnerships: Proceedings of a Workshop. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: 2017.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.