Data from the VDX system used for interlibrary traffic among UC’s became available for the first time late last year.
At the Collections Assessment Tools workshop for selectors in February, we announced that this information, beginning with 2008-09 Borrowing information, was slated for the Collection Development staff web, here.
You can now see both 2008-09 Borrowing and Lending information.
A few highlights regarding Lending…78% of requests we receive from other UCs are for books; looks like the top 20 contenders are in the sciences. We filled 70% of the requests we received. If you’re curious about the reasons we didn’t fill the other 30%, see tab 2 on the excel worksheet linked via Oveview. There are also detailed lists of all requests received by material type.
If you have any brainstorms (yes!) or questions looking at the data, let me know (gford at library.berkeley.edu)
P.S. These reports do not include interlibrary traffic for the RLCP program, nor does it include items lent to libraries outside UC. These have different data sources. Stanford stats are coming next.