New books from Chile and Nicaragua: Two countries-different histories-different trajectories.

18 December 2017

Dear Readers,

I wanted to wish you a very Happy and Healthy upcoming New Year!. The library is closed per the energy curtailment policy from Monday, December 25th through January 1st. Before I leave for this holiday break, I thought it might be a good idea to share some new acquisitions of books from Chile and Nicaragua. Both countries represent interesting histories with different trajectories. Below are some of the interesting acquisitions from both countries. In Chilean acquisitions, I want us to pay attention to a 2017 book by Ruth Vargas that is entitled Pewmas/SuenĖƒos de justicia : Lonkos y dirigentes mapuche versus Chile en la Corte Interamericana : testimonios y evidencia psicoforense de los efectos de la Ley Antiterrorista. The book is an eye-opening tale about what is currently transpiring in the lands of the Mapuches.

Please click on the image below to get the access to the photos of our new Chilean purchases.

The Nicaraguan books are depicted below.