Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 10:30am-12:00pm
Room 72.164 Vault
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Tuesday, January 23rd to Michael Sholinbeck at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A few seats may be available on the day of the class so if you don’t register in advance, you can just show up to see if there is availability.
New: In the vault you will need to log in to the computer with your CDPH logon.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you want to know how to:
* Save your PubMed search(es) and receive e-mail updates as new relevant citations are added to PubMed?
* Permanently store citations you find from a PubMed search?
* Share a list of citations with colleagues?
* Customize the PubMed display such that searches are filtered into categories of your choice?
* Keep track of searches run and citations viewed during the previous 6 months?
* See what new articles are coming out in your field using PubMed Journals?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed: My NCBI Hands-on class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to register for a My NCBI account
2. How to save searches and have PubMed periodically re-run the search and automatically e-mail you new citations
3. How to permanently save and share citations in My NCBI
4. How to set up search filters in PubMed, so search results are sorted into your desired categories (e.g., age groups, citations that link to other databases, etc.)
5. Other features of My NCBI
This class will assist you in keeping aware of new literature in your field. It will help save you time by allowing for the saving of searches and search results (citations), and will facilitate collaboration by letting you create shared citation sets.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online.