Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 10-11:30am
Computer Training Room P-1246, Building P
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, October 10th to Michael Sholinbeck at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if appropriate, for an additional class.
This class is intended for CDPH staff who are already using the EndNote software program, and who wish to learn more advanced features. Users of older versions of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X8 software will not be distributed at this class. If you need EndNote for your work, the instructor can tell you how to obtain a licensed copy from CDPH.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Do you know how to use smart groups to automatically group references together?
* Do you want to learn how to create or modify existing output styles?
* Did you know you can annotate PDF files in your library?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X8 Advanced Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Creating Smart Groups
2. Creating/Modifying Output Styles
3. Annotating PDF files In EndNote
4. Other Advanced Features
5. Using EndNote online
6. How to get help
Learn how to save time and work more efficiently by:
– Creating smart groups in your library.
– Modifying output styles to fulfill your needs.
– Annotating PDF files in your EndNote library.
It is recommended that you have already attended the EndNote X8 Basics Hands-On class, or are familiar with the basics of using EndNote. Basic EndNote material will not be covered in this session.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online for you so that you can plan ahead.