How does the National Library of Medicine (NLM) decide which journals to index? How can you find out if the journal that you wish to publish in is one of the more than 5600 titles indexed by NLM? These questions and more will be answered in this webinar!
Join staff of the U.S. National Library of Medicine to learn how journals are selected for MEDLINE and PubMed Central, how NLM has responded to an evolving scholarly communication ecosystem, and how to use NLM resources in assessing the quality of a publication such as one in which you might publish your work.
When: October 6, 2017
Time: 10-11am PT
* Describe some issues and concerns surrounding the current publishing landscape
* List the roles and responsibilities of the NLM in collecting and providing access to biomedical literature
* Explain what is referenced in the PubMed database
* Find the complete list of journals in MEDLINE and in PubMed
* Describe the selection criteria for the different components of the PubMed database
* Find additional resources to help in assessing publication quality