Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 10:00-11:00am
Conference Room C-136
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, September 13th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Does your work at CDPH involve health promotion, health communication, or health education?
* Are you interested in learning about toolkits and other resources that will help you develop a health intervention program?
* Interested in how to find literature on health education/promotion topics?
* Do you need to develop consumer health handouts?
* Want to know about quality sources for consumer health information, including non-English language handouts and materials?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Health Promotion and Health Education Resources class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Resource Toolkits for Developing Programs
2. “Best Practices” in Health Education/Promotion
3. Finding Health Education Literature
4. Patient/Consumer Health Education Materials
(This class will not cover program evaluation; there will be a separate Program Evaluation class on Wed. Oct. 19, 2016.)
To introduce CDPH staff to quality health promotion and health education tools and resources that are freely available online. Use of these resources will assist with efficiently developing effective, evidence-based health promotion programs.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online so that you can start planning for those that you need for your work.