The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Introduction to health promotion & behavioral science in public health. By Hala Madanat, Elva M. Arredondo and Guadalupe X. Ayala. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning, 2016.
Call number: RA427.8 .M331 2016
See a brief summary, sample chapters, and the table of contents on the publisher’s website.
2. Give and take: a revolutionary approach to success. Adam Grant. New York, N.Y.: Viking, 2013.
Call number: BF637.S8 G6855 2013
Read a review at Publishers Weekly.
3. The psychology of eating and drinking. By Alexandra W. Logue. London; New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2015.
Call number: TX357 .L67 2015
View the table of contents, preview and description at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Applying a Health Lens to Business Practices, Policies, and Investments: Workshop Summary. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Measuring Serious Emotional Disturbance in Children: Workshop Summary. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Physical Activity: Moving Toward Obesity Solutions: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.