Wednesday, October 28, 2015, 10:30am-12:00 pm
Training Room C, 72.169
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Monday, October 26th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 12 participants. A waiting list will be created, if appropriate, for an additional class.
It is recommended, but not required, that you already have some experience or familiarity with searching PubMed.
* Are you interested in learning about databases besides PubMed where you can find articles and more?
* Want to know about sources of systematic reviews and grey literature?
* Want to practice using these databases with some hands-on exercises?
* Do you want to know how to search databases more effectively by using index terms (aka subject terms, thesaurus terms, descriptors)?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Literature Searching: Beyond PubMed and More, Hands-on Class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to think about your topic to improve your literature search
2. The basics of indexing
3. Databases beyond PubMed, including sources for systematic reviews and grey literature
4. Critically evaluating what you find
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available for you.