Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 10:30am – 12:00pm
Enterprise Training Room 72.169
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Monday, September 21st to Michael Sholinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 12 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an additional class.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you want to know how to:
* How to save your PubMed search(es) and receive e-mail updates as new relevant citations are added to PubMed?
* How you can permanently store citations you find from a PubMed search?
* Share a list of citations with colleagues?
* Are you interested in customizing the PubMed display such that searches are ?filtered? into categories of your choice?
* Are you interested in keeping track of searches run and citations viewed during the previous 6 months?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed: My NCBI Hands-on class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to register for a My NCBI account
2. How to save searches and have PubMed periodically re-run the search and automatically e-mail you new citations
3. How to permanently save and share citations in My NCBI
4. How to set up search filters in PubMed, so search results are sorted into your desired categories (e.g., age groups, citations that link to other databases, etc.)
5. Other features of My NCBI
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
See the schedule of other upcoming training sessions for more great classes.