The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. The art of facilitation: the essentials for leading great meetings and creating group synergy. By Dale Hunter; with Stephen Thorpe, Hamish Brown, Anne Bailey. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2009.
Call number: HM751 .H858 2009.
See a description and table of contents at the publisher’s website.
2. Health promotion throughout the life span, 8th edition. By Carole Lium Edelman, Elizabeth C. Kudzma, and Carol Lynn Mandle. St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier, 2014.
Call number: RT90.3 .H435 2014.
See a description and the table of contents here.
3. Essentials of health behavior: social and behavioral theory in public health. By Mark Edberg. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: RA418 .E326 2015.
View the table of contents, reviews, and a description here.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Health Literacy: Past, Present, and Future: Workshop Summary. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering,
and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Regional Disaster Response Coordination to Support Health Outcomes. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Selected Airborne Chemicals: Volume 19 (2015). National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.