The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. The age of dignity: preparing for the elder boom in a changing America. By Ai-jen Poo, with Ariane Conrad. New York: The New Press, 2015.
Call number: HV1461 .P66 2015.
See a summary and reviews at the publisher’s website.
2. Sanitation, latrines and intestinal parasites in past populations. Edited by Piers D. Mitchell, Farnham, Surrey; Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2015.
Call number: RA424 .S26 2015.
Read extracts, see the table of contents, and read a description here.
3. Introductory statistics for the health sciences. By Lise DeShea and Larry Toothaker. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2015.
Call number: RA409 .D474 2015.
View a table of contents, a description, and reviews at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Innovations in Design and Utilization of Measurement Systems to Promote Children’s Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Health: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine and National
Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Healthy, Resilient, and Sustainable Communities After Disasters: Strategies, Opportunities, and Planning for Recovery. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Collaboration Between Health Care and Public Health: Workshop Summary . Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.