The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Introduction to research and medical literature for health professionals. Edited by J. Glenn Forister and J. Dennis Blessing. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: R850 .I58 2015.
View the table of contents, samples chapters, and author biographies at the publisher’s website.
2. Corporate wellness programs: linking employee and organizational health. Edited by Ronald J. Burke and Astrid M. Richardsen. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2014.
Call number: HD7261 .C66 2014.
See the table of contents and and a sample chapter provided by the publisher.
3. Health intervention research: understanding research design & methods. By Souraya Sidani. London: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2015.
Call number: R850 .S34 2015.
View the table of contents, a sample chapter, and reviews at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Emerging Viral Diseases: The One Health Connection.. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Communicating to Advance the Public’s Health: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Assessing the Use of Agent-Based Models for Tobacco Regulation. National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.