Accessing Full Text Journals Online Class
Wednesday, September 11th, 2013, 10-11 am
Building C, Room 140, Richmond
In this session you will learn how to easily locate and obtain full text journal articles from OvidSP, from PubMed searches, and from other sources. You will learn how to find other relevant articles by using the “Citing articles” feature of OvidSP and how to add these citations into your EndNote or Reference Manager database.
RSVP by Monday, Sept. 9 to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
These training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.
* A certificate of completion will be available at the end of class for participants.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you want to know:
* Which full text journals you can access from your desktop?
* Features available on the OvidSP journals web site
* How to use the CDPH PubMed URL to access journal articles
* How to export citations from OvidSP journals into
EndNote or Reference Manager?
* How to find articles that cite a particular journal article?
* About other resources for finding full text online journals?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then
please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s
Accessing Full Text Journals Online class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to navigate and browse for journal articles in
the OvidSP interface
2. Features of the OvidSP web site, including cited
reference searching and exporting Ovid records into
bibliographic management software (e.g., EndNote)
3. How to access articles online using a customized
version of PubMed, which links to the CDPH-licensed
4. Other full-text journals available to CDPH
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online for you so that you can plan ahead.