Do you want to know:
* Which full text journals you can access from your desktop?
* Features available on the OvidSP journals web site?
* How to use the CDPH PubMed URL to access journal articles?
* How to export citations from OvidSP journals into
EndNote or Reference Manager?
* How to see articles that cite a particular journal article?
* What other full-text resources are available to CDPH?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then
please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health
Library’s Accessing Full-Text Electronic Journals class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to navigate and browse for journal articles in
the OvidSP interface
2. Features of the OvidSP web site, including cited
reference searching and exporting Ovid records into
bibliographic management software (e.g., EndNote)
3. How to access articles online using a customized
version of PubMed, which links to the CDPH-licensed
4. Other full-text resources available to CDPH
Class: Accessing Full-Text Electronic Journals Online
When: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 1:30-2:30 pm
Where: 1500 Capital Ave, Room 72.167 (Hearing Room)
CDPH Sacramento Campus
(Turn left as you enter the building and
proceed through the double doors past the
Enterprise Training Room)
Please RSVP by Monday, June 24, 2013 to Michael Sholinbeck at
email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
In this session you will learn how to easily locate and
obtain full text journal articles from OvidSP and PubMed
searches. You will also see how to find other relevant
articles by using the “Citing articles” feature of OvidSP
and how to incorporate these citations into your EndNote
or Reference Manager database.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend
These training sessions are free to CDPH employees.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.