* Do you need to find scientific evidence for a
public health program, intervention, issue, or
* Do you get irrelevant citations when searching PubMed?
* Do you get too many or too few search results when
* Are you already using PubMed and have some burning
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can
learn and practice using PubMed?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then
please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s
PubMed Basics Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Introduction to PubMed
2. Retrieving Full Text Articles Using the CDPH PubMed URL
3. Effective Keyword Searching Using Boolean Logic and Filters
4. Finding and Using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
5. Other PubMed Features
Class: PubMed Basics Hands-On
When: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 10:30-12 pm
Where: CDPH Sacramento Campus, 1500 Capitol Ave,
Enterprise Computer Training Room 72.169
This class will teach you the basic skills needed to
search PubMed to identify and obtain the most
relevant information you need to perform your job.
The skills you learn will save you time by allowing you
to search PubMed in a more efficient and effective
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, July 23rd
to Michael Sholinbeck at
email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please note: This class is limited to 12 participants.
A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an