Do you want to know:
* Which full text journals you can access from your desktop? * How to navigate the OvidSP journals web site?
* Features available on the OvidSP journals web site?
* How to use the CDPH PubMed URL to access journal articles?
* How to export citations from OvidSP journals into EndNote or Reference Manager?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Accessing Full-Text Electronic Journals class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to navigate and browse for journal articles in the OvidSP interface
2. Features of the OvidSP web site, including cited reference searching and exporting Ovid records into bibliographic management software (e.g., EndNote)
3. How to access articles online using a customized version of PubMed, which links to the CDPH-licensed full-text journals
4. Other online journals available to CDPH
RSVP by Monday, June 25 to: Michael Sholinbeck firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510
Class: Accessing Full-Text Electronic Journals When: Wednesday, June 27th, 1:30–2:30 pm
Where: CDPH Sacramento Campus, 1500 Capitol, Hearing Room 72.167. As you enter the building, go to the left, through the wooden double doors. Turn right down the hall to 167.
Class objective: In this session you will learn how to easily access Ovid and other journals licensed for CDPH use, as well as free online journals, via the OvidSP interface and PubMed.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend, if appropriate. These one-hour training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.