RSVP by Monday, November 7th to Judy Bolstad at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
* Do you have the EndNote program but are not sure what it can do for you?
* Do you write journal articles or reports and need to cite literature you’ve read or referenced?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can learn and practice using EndNote?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X5 Basics Hands On class! This class will be held at the CDPH Richmond Campus, Building P, in Computer Training room 1246.
Topics covered will include:
1. What’s new in EndNote X5
2. How to add citations from PubMed and elsewhere into EndNote
3. EndNote X5 features: display, search, groups, etc.
4. How to use “Cite While You Write” with Microsoft Word
5. How to get help
Class: EndNote X5 Basics Hands On
When: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 10:30 am – 12 pm
Where: CDPH Richmond, Building P, Computer Training Room P-1246
Learn how to save time and work more efficiently by:
– Saving article and other citations in a customizable database;
– Adding PDF files to the appropriate references in this database;
– Group references by topic, project, etc.;
– Add citations to a Word document and automatically format the bibliography and notes.
This class is intended for CDPH staff who wish to gain a basic understanding of the EndNote X5 software program and how to use its features. Users of older versions of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X5 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, your CDPH unit must purchase or already own a copy.
Please note: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created if necessary for an additional class.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, November 7 to Judy Bolstad at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
These hands on training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available at www.lib.berkeley.edu/PUBL/cdph/training.html.