Also starting July 1st, two new electronic journal titles will become available for CDPH desktop use:
- Clinical Infectious Diseases
- Journal of Infectious Diseases
These are both highly used journals, and we are happy to be able to offer them for your use.
Based on comments from CDPH staff, one discontinued electronic journal title will have access restored:
- Journal of Pediatrics
Unfortunately, due to cost increases and low use, several Ovid e-journals will be discontinued:
- AIDS Patient Care & STDs
- American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics &
- Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Diabetes Care
- JOGNN – Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing
- Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- MCN, American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Occupational Medicine
During the past 3 years, each of these journal titles averaged less than 24 downloaded, full-text articles annually. These changes will soon be reflected on the Public Health Library’s CDPH or web portal’s Full Text Electronic Journals web page.
However, please note that this does NOT mean that articles from these journals are unavailable to you; it just means that you will not have desktop access to them. You can still request them from your web portal or the Public Health Library document delivery form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Debbie Jan at (510) 642-2510 or Debbie.Jan@cdph.ca.gov.