I Am Glad Everything You Need Is Bullfighting: New Books in Graduate Services for May

It’s the month of May. The month that celebrates that wonderful auxiliary verb we all love. It expresses possibility as well as the ability and capacity to do something. And with that in mind, may  I introduce you to A.L. Kennedy. She is a writer, a comedian, and now she is a part of the Modern Authors Collection in Graduate Services. Three of her books are here now (So I Am Glad, Everything You Need, On Bullfighting) with more on the way in the coming months. After learning about being glad everything you need is bullfighting, may I suggest some other new titles for you to look into? The new one from UC Berkeley Emeritus professor Maxine Hong Kingston is ready to be read. A collection of Antonio Negri’s plays is here for your mind to perform. And if you really want to do some mental aerobics, there’s Hegel and Maurice Merleau-Ponty here to be your trainers. Add a little Ford Maddox Ford, Hanif Kureishi, Peter Matthiessen, and W.B. Yeats to the equation, and it looks like May may have the capicty to equal good days spent reading new books in Graduate Services. So gear up for getting down here to Graduate Services. You may like what you find.

ford

Parade’s End Volume One: Some Do Not…by Ford Madox Ford edited by Max Saunders

hegel

Encyclopedia of the Phiosophical Sciences in Basic Outline, Part I: Science of Logic by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

kennedy

Everything You Need by A.L. Kennedy

kennedy

On Bullfighting by A.L. Kennedy

kennedy'

So I Am Glad by A.L. Kennedy

kingstone

I Love A Broad Margin To My Life by Maxine Hong Kingstone

kureishi

Gabriel’s Gift by Hanif Kureishi

kureishi

Love in a Blue Time by Hanif Kureishi

little

…isms: Understanding Art by Stephen Little

matthiessen

Are We There Yet?: A Zen Journey Through Space and TIme by Peter Matthiessen and Peter Cunningham

matthiessen

Sal Si Puedes (Escape If You Can): Cesar Chavez and the New American Revolution by Peter Matthiessen

merleau-ponty

Institution and Passivity: Course Notes From The College de France (1954-1955) by Maurice Merleau-Ponty

negri

Trilogy of Resistance by Antonio Negri

yeats

At the Hawk’s Well and The Cat and the Moon: Manuscript Materials (The Cornell Yeats) by W.B. Yeats edited by Andrew Parkin