* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
* Do you write journal articles and want to learn about a tool that helps you prepare manuscripts for submission to various journal publishers?
* Do you want to learn how to create or modify existing output styles?
* Want to learn how to add and format figures and tables to your Word document Using EndNote?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can practice using advanced features of EndNote?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X4 Advanced Hands On class! This class will be held at the Richmond campus in the Computer Training Room, P-1246.
Topics covered will include:
1. Creating Smart Groups
2. Creating and Using Term Lists
3. Adding/Modifying Output Styles
4. Creating and Using Bibliographies: Individual and Subject
5. Advanced Features of Cite-While-You-Write (templates, figures, tables)
6. How to get help
Class: EndNote X4 Advanced Hands On
When: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 10:30-12 pm
Where: CDPH Richmond Campus, Building P, Room 1246 (Computer Training Room)
This class is intended for CDPH staff who already have and are using the EndNote software program, and who wish to learn more advanced features (see class description above). Users of any version of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X4 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, you or your CDPH unit must purchase or already own it.
It is highly recommended that you have already attended the EndNote X4 Basics Hands On class, or be familiar with the basics of using EndNote. Basic EndNote material will not be covered in the Sept. 8 session.
Please note: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created if necessary for an additional class.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, September 6th to Judy Bolstad at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
These hands on training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.