[The two organizations] are teaming up with a variety of research centers and institutes on the campus to organize a series of “idea competitions” that will encourage student teams to propose the next generation of research, education, and service activities on the UC Berkeley campus.
The deadline for most of the competitions is April 14, 2008, though some competitions have earlier deadlines. The competitions fall into the following areas:
- Computational Nanoscience Innovation
- Curricular Innovation
- Energy and Environmental Innovation
- Idea Labs
- Improving Student Life
- Information Technology for Society
- Neglected Diseases
- Partnerships for Social Innovation
- Social Entrepreneurship in India
- Synthetic Biology
For more information, including Rules and Guidelines and Past Winners, see the contest website.