On December 10, Melvyl, the library catalog of the ten UC campuses, will be upgraded with new versions of its underlying software (Ex Libris Aleph and Oracle).
The upgrade will bring several new and useful features:
- Author names will now be included in the Keyword search.
- "Exact" in search names will become "Begins with", e.g., "Title begins with".
- Cross references (from an author's name, subject, etc.) will now be included in search results.
- "Available online" links will go directly to the linked content.
- Clicking on an author's name or subject link will lead directly to results; the "Find Related Items" box will no longer appear.
- The UC-eLinks button will only appear when there is online content to display.
- When saving records, a "Note" field replaces the "Folder" feature.
- Items Saved Across Sessions can now be printed/emailed with library locations.
The new version also includes several display improvements and fixes some problems reported by users.
For more information, see the Melvyl Intermediate Guide (PDF).
Melvyl® is an initiative of the California Digital Library.
© 2006 The Regents of the University of California.